Test of Proficiency in Korean (한국어능력시험 ) is a Korean language test offered twice annually to foreigners in Korea and people studying Korean in other countries. TOPIK is administered by the Korea Institute of Curriculum and Evaluation (한국교육과정평가원).
The purpose of test
Promoting adaptation to Korean life by leading entrance of foreign worker who has basic understanding on Korea and evaluation of the level of Korean language skills of foreign job seekers and Korean Society, It can be used as objective selection criteria for the list of foreign job seekers.
- Basic communication skill needed in every day life in Korea
- Korean language skills needed in industry
- Understanding of Korean business culture
Requirement of applicants
- Male or Female from 18 to 39 years old
- No criminal record
- No experience of deportation from Republic of Korea
- No restriction on immigration (reason for disqualification)
- Evaluation method : relative evaluation
- Criteria to determine a successful candidate : 80 out of 200, Successful candidate determined in the order of merit within selecting(anticipating) number of people
Korean Language Test Results 2013
- Timor Leste